Got something to say? Go for it!
In a nutshell….(gleaned from news reports and Wikipedia)
About | Front National
Marie Le Pen
What:French far-right political party
Leader:Marine Le Pen, daughter of founder Jean-Marie Le Pen
1. Withdrawing from the EU and the euro
2. Protecting the French economy from “unfair” competition and globalisation
3. Giving priority to French citizens in jobs and housing
4. Ending mass immigration
5. Taking a tough stance on law and order issues
6. Reasserting “French cultural identity”
Being a “strong and independent” France in defence and foreign affairs
“The National Front is the only party to defend an authentic French Republic, a Republic with only one vocation: the national interest, the development of French employment, the conservation of our way of life, the development of our tradition and the defence of all the French.”
– Marine Le Pen, December 2015
About / En Marche
What: a social liberal political party in France founded on 6 April 2016 by Emmanuel Macron. He has described it as being a progressive organisation of both the left and the right.
Leader: Emmanuel Macron. The son of Françoise (Noguès), a physician, and Jean-Michel Macron, Professor of neurology at the University of Picardy.
1. A former member of the Socialist Party But Is Now Running Under the Centrist “En Marche!” Movement.
2. Pro European Union
3. For Strengthening the EU’s Borders But Says France’s Security Policies Have Unfairly Targeted Muslims
4. Promises to Make France More Business Friendly
5. Wants to Increase Defense Spending & Is in Favor of Intervening in Syria
– IMO (huge) trigger warnings – ‘socialist’, ‘liberal’ and ‘progressive’.
– #’s 1, 2 and in part 3 (considering the motivator behind every single terrorist attack) negate #’s 4 and 5.
The bottom line is the French people have only two choices. Do the majority really still believe that socialism, progressivism and liberalism are the cures for the disease that is destroying France?
Powered by WordPress.com.