Laundry pods pose a lethal risk to adults with dementia because the capsules can be mistaken for sweets, a new report claims.

Six adults with cognitive impairment have died in the past five years after ingesting liquid laundry detergent capsules.

Two children have also died from eating the pacs and chemical eye burns have increased 30-fold among preschool-aged kids since the product’s introduction to the market in 2012.

Adults with cognitive impairment and young children can easily confuse the brightly colored and squishy pods for candy, experts claim.

Now the Consumer Product Safety Commission warns these products pose more of a danger to those suffering from dementia than children.

More…


(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)
Advertisements